GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS STATEMENT AS REFERENCED IN YOUR ESTATE AGENCY TERMS OF BUSINESS
‘We’ refers to the individual franchise company as referenced in your terms of business
1. By entering into this agreement with us you will provide to us various pieces of personal information, which we will need to provide you with the high-quality service you require, to ultimately facilitate the successful marketing and sale of your property.
2. The information required by us will vary depending on circumstances. It will include the information within this agreement, but it may not be limited to this information -
Names and addresses
Contact telephone numbers
Personal identification information and documentation
Information about the property
3. In all cases we will hold your personal information securely, either in hard copy on our property files or digitally within our software.
4. We will provide it to others only where it is required and as outlined below, or in accordance with your stipulated wishes.
5. Your information will not be passed to a third party not listed in clause 1.6 without obtaining your consent.
6. Specifically, we will hold and use your information in the manner outlined under the headings below –
Identification Details - We may hold copies of your photographic identity documents and at least one document that confirms your home address. We may also use an online service to verify your identity. This is done to meet our obligation under Money Laundering Regulation. Additionally, it is required to protect our position and look after your interests. It assists us to ensure we are dealing with the owners of the property and we are not becoming involved in any money laundering situation. In line with our obligation the copy documents and/or identity verification report will be held for 5 years from the date of the property sale or the date you withdraw your property from the market. We will not provide any other party with copies of these documents, except solicitors or estate agents involved in the sale of your property, who also have an obligation to verify your identity and they formally request it.
Prospective Buyers - Basic information about your property will be provided to anyone who makes an enquiry to us about potentially viewing or purchasing your property. This information will include the property details we produced and any other relevant information you provide to us including the information in any property information questionnaire you complete for us.
Viewings - We will organise viewings on your behalf, to suit you and the viewer. Where we are conducting the viewing for you, it is important that you check your property prior to the viewing to ensure that any personal information you would not wish a viewer to see is removed. We may provide the viewer with details of the person who is to meet them at the property and conduct the viewing.
Negotiating with Prospective Buyers and Handling Offers to Purchase the Property - We will negotiate with prospective buyers and take offers from them. This process will involve providing potential buyers with relevant personal information to facilitate a successful negotiation. This will also involve providing you with relevant and necessary personal information about the potential buyer. You should ensure that you treat any information we provide to you as confidential and it must not be passed on or shared with any other person or business.
Agreed Sale - Once a sale is agreed we will provide your personal contact information to the buyer and the solicitors acting for both parties. We may provide your contact information to various professionals that may be acting for the buyer, such as surveyors and contractors wanting access to the property to produce estimates, etc. We will discuss the sale of your property with various parties once a sale is agreed in order to facilitate exchange of contracts and completion of the sale.
7. Your details may be added to our mailing list and we may send you information regarding other relevant services we can provided to you. You will be able to unsubscribe to these emails at any time.
8. We will retain the personal information we hold for up to 6 years, because the time limit for any party to initiate civil action against us should they believe they have a claim is 6 years.
9. If you would like to contact us regarding any data issue, please contact your local branch. Click here to find your local branch.
10. You have the following rights relating to the information we hold on you –
i. The right to make a Subject Access Request (SAR) to find out more about the data we hold about you;
ii. The right to be informed;
iii. The right of access;
iv. The right to rectification;
v. The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’);
vi. The right to restrict processing;
vii. The right to data portability;
viii. The right to object.
11. More information on your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, we may change this Policy from time to time.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Newton Fallowell Ltd, 68 High Street, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6NR.
Who are we?
We are Newton Fallowell Ltd, a company registered in England with company number 5372232.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, when you provide it to us or to our franchisees or, occasionally, from third parties.
What type of information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address and information regarding what web pages, if any, you access and other personal information.
If you make a payment to us your payment details are not held by us but are collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of such transactions.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to carry out your, our and our franchisees’ obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you, us or our franchisees or which it is contemplated will be entered into;
- to seek your comments on the services we and our franchisees have provided;
- to notify you of changes to our or our franchisees’ services;
- to send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you;
- to process a job application;
- to process your application for a franchise;
- for administrative and business purposes;
- for advertising and analytical purposes;
- in connection with our legal rights and obligations;
- for certain additional purposes but only with your consent.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems only for so long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract with you.
Who has access to your information?
You can choose
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you want to receive communications from us, then you should tick the relevant boxes on the form on which we collect your personal information.
You have the right to:
- access your personal information and to be informed about its use by us and/or our franchisees;
- correct your personal information;
- have your personal information deleted;
- restrict the use of your personal information;
- object to the use of your personal information;
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information;
- ask for the personal information to be transferred
Accessing your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If the personal information you have provided to us changes, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Newton Fallowell Ltd, 68 High Street, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6NR.
We will ensure that your personal information is held securely.
Some of your “non-sensitive” details (such as your email address) may be transmitted over the internet and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Transferring your information outside of the EU
The information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) if any of our servers or our processors’ servers are located in such a country. These countries may not have equivalent information protection laws to those within the EU. By submitting your personal information, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Telephone and website recording
We record telephone calls. We may also use web site recording services which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal information. Information collected in such a fashion is for our internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Review of this policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated 21st May 2018.
We are especially concerned to protect the privacy of children. If you are under 18 years of age, please ask your parent/guardian’s permission before providing any personal information and ask them to help you whenever you provide us with any personal information.